AFTERBURN REPORT 2001Burning Man Webteam
The Burning Man webteam's efforts are a year-round challenge. The website contains over 700 pages, including a number of integrated webforms and databases, an Image Gallery, archival information from Burning Mans past, a Bulletin Board System, and a hearty serving of constantly-updating content. This volunteer team has experienced tremendous growth this year, and its accomplishments in 2001 have been manifold:
- Moved burningman.com off Taz3 (www.hyperreal.org), its home since 1997, and onto its own server
- Instituted a site wide template for easy updates of major page elements.
- Instituted a 'decentralized Webmaster' approach
- Maintained our volunteer resources and continued to build the team
- Completed the 'Task Matrix', an internal task maintenance tool
- Built a web based DPW photo upload tool for automated sharing of photos
- Archived major content from BM 1997-2000 in What Is Burning Man
- Created some new navigational elements to the site with the addition of the 'Also See' menu
- Created a departmental 'Wish List' on the site
- Built up the Art of Burning Man section
- Added feature sites such as 'Silver Seed Tour' and 'Feeding Tofu to Cowboys'...and this section, the "AfterBurn Report" and Survey!